This is a mini quiz of 10 questions on General Knowledge and Japan. There should be a mix of challenging and relatively easy questions. You should be able to guess for most of them as well.
I think if you get 5 or more you are doing very well.
I have made it as a warm up for the Brighton Japan Club online quiz this Saturday. The answers are at the bottom.
- What did Britain return to China in 1997?
- What’s the world’s deepest lake?
- What does the HB on a pencil stand for?
- What’s the most common blood type?
- What’s the capital of Spain?
- What does the Japanese word “heaven’s river” refer to?
- Shikoku, Honshu and Kyushu are 3 of the 4 main Japanese islands. What’s the other one called?
- What sound does “fshhhhhhh” indicate in the translation of the manga One Piece?
- In the town of Ibusuki in southern Japan, what do tourists famously bathe in?
- Which city became the capital of Japan in 794?
- Hong Kong
- Lake Baikal
- Hard Black
- The Milky Way
Bonus Question Answer:
Tanuki (Japanese racoon dog)